Motorcycle Accidents FAQs


If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, there are many things you need to know and many steps you must take to protect your rights. You should consult with a personal injury lawyer about the facts of your particular case. Steve Lawler is a motorcycle rider, and is familiar with the many aspects of motorcycle travel that are different from cars. This is a distinct advantage over insurance adjusters who do not ride and do not understand the differences.

While similar to car accident claims in many respects, below are some common questions and answers specific to motorcycle accident claims.

Q. Can I recover for my personal injuries if I was not wearing a helmet at the time of the motorcycle accident?

A. If someone else was at fault for the motorcycle accident, then you may be entitled to recover for your injuries. Not wearing a helmet, however, may affect the injuries for which you can recover. You may not be able to recover for certain injuries if your failure to wear a helmet can be shown to have caused or aggravated those injuries. This is very case specific and can be discussed in more detail during your free consultation.

Q. Can I make a claim if I did not have insurance on my motorcycle?

A. You can make a claim against the driver who caused your motorcycle accident even if you did not carry insurance.

Q. How can I get my medical bills paid following a motorcycle crash?

A. Typically, you will not have personal injury protection benefits to pay for your medical bills following a motorcycle crash. You may be able to recover the amount of the bills from the at-fault driver, but that may take some time. In the meantime, your motorcycle accident attorney may be able to work with you medical providers to delay payment of the bills until your claim is completed. This means you get medical treatment without having to pay until your claim is settled or resolved.

If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident, you need an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer who will protect your interests. Call now. (813) 431-4470.

Contact Us for a Free Consultation
Contact Form